A&B Sunroom and Remodel is committed to helping our customers achieve their home improvement goals. We understand that home
improvement projects can be costly, especially when you expect the job to be done right. In this economy, we also understand that
money is tight and you may be apprehensive about upgrading your home with an home improvement project. We can offer you a Signature Loan,
a Home Equity Line of Credit, Refinancing and even a Construction Loan. So if you are ready to take
the next step in financing your home improvement project, please call 1-800-786-5113 or
email us, to discuss what are your finance options. This is why we strive to
make our projects affordable for our customers through our various financing options.
We are now a USDA Home Loan Specialist for Single Family Housing Repair Loans & Grants. Our Home Loan Specialists, will assist you in every step of the way, in order for you to get the loan & grant that you need. Here's a Q&A of the few common questions regarding the Single Family Housing Repair Loans & Grants.
What does the program do?
Also known as the Section 504 Home Repair Program, this provides loans to very–low–income homeowners to repair, improve, or modernize their homes or provides grants to elderly very–low–income homeowners to remove health & safety hazards.
Who may apply for this program?
To qualify, you must:
• Be the homeowner & occupy the house
• Be unable to obtain affordable credit elsewhere
• Have a family income below 50% of the area median income
• For grants, be age 62 or older & not be able to repay a repair loan
What is an eligible area?
Applicants may check the address of their home to determine eligibility online.
How may funds be used?
• Loans may be used to repair, improve, or modernize homes or to remove health & safety hazards
• Grants must be used to remove health & safety hazards
How much money can I get?
• Maximum loan is $20,000
• Maximum grant is $7,500
• Loans & grants can be combined for up to $27,500 in assistance
What are the terms of the loan or grant?
• Loans can be repaid over 20 years
• Loan interest rate is fixed at 1%
• Full title service is required for loans of $7,500 or more
• Grants have a lifetime limit of $7,500
• Grants must be repaid if the property is sold in less than 3 years
• If applicants can repay part, but not all of the costs, applicants may be offered a loan & grant combination
Is there a deadline to apply?
• Home loans are available year round as long as funding is available
• Home loan applications are processed in the order they are received
How long does and application take?
Approval times depend on funding availability in your area. Talk to a USDA Home Loan Specialist in your area for help with the application.
Who can answer questions, & how do I get started?
Contact a USDA Home Loan Specialist in your area.
What governs this program?
• The Housing Act of 1949 as amended, 7 CFR Part 3550
• HB-1-3550 - Direct Single Family Housing Loans & Grants Field Office Handbook
Why does USDA Rural Development, do this?
Helping people stay in their own home & keep it in good repair helps families & their communities. Homeownership help families & individuals build savings over time. It strengthens communities & helps many kinds of businesses that support the local economy.
NOTE: Because citations & other information may be subject to change, please always consult the program instructions listed in the section above titled, “What law governs this program?” You may also contact your local office for assistance. You can find additional forms, resources & program information at www.rd.usda.gov. For a printable version, of this fact sheet, click here.
At A&B Sunroom and Remodel, we will work with you to help you achieve your home improvement goals, in the most affordable and timely way possible and remember… Don't Dream It, Do it!